Friday, February 10, 2012

BLM Lease Sale

The BLM's quarterly oil and gas lease sale has netted over $1 million for activity on 4,000 acres.  Two geothermal parcels totaling over 8,000 were also sold, the largest in Gunnison County to an owner The Daily Sentinel says is worried about protecting his property.  The state gets 49% of the sale proceeds, the federal government the other 51%.  In fiscal 2011, Colorado received more than $154 million from royalties, rentals and bonus bid payments for all federal minerals, including oil, gas, and coal.